Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The contribution is original and unpublished, and is not being evaluated for publication by another journal.
All authors informed institutional affiliation, ORCID, and links to the authors' CV, for example: Researcher ID/Publons (https://www.researcherid.com/), Scopus Author ID (https://www.scopus.com/), Currículo Lattes (http://www.lattes.cnpq.br/), Ciência Vitae (https://www.cienciavitae.pt/), or other.
- Doi link (http://doi.org/) was mentioned, whenever possible, in the References articles.
The text is spaced 1.5 cm; uses a font Times New Roman, size 12; uses italics instead of underlining; figures and tables in the form of attachments.
The text follows the style standards and bibliographic requirements described in Author Guidelines from the 'Environmental Smoke' Journal.
Manuscripts formats available in the ENVIRONMENTAL SMOKE:
Objective and Editorial Policies:
All manuscripts submitted (anonymously, i.e. without identification of authorship in the file and its settings) must contain original research not previously published and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. The main criterion for acceptance is scientific quality. Papers should avoid excessive use of abbreviations or jargon and should be intelligible to the widest possible audience. Particular attention should be given to the sections Summary, Introduction and Discussion, which should draw attention to the novelty and significance of the reported data. Failure to do so may result in delays in the publication or rejection of the document. Articles accepted for publication will be part of the definitive collection of the journal.
We accept articles in English, Portuguese, Spanish and French.
The text files must be sent in Word format.
The texts can be published as Full Article, Short Communication, or Abstract.
All articles will be submitted to plagiarism detector, in the website https://www.plagius.com/br.
1) Full Articles (Link to Template in Word):
Whenever possible, articles should be submitted on the following topics: 1) Authorship (authors, institutions and emails); 2) Abstract (written in a separate page, between 250 and 350 words, without citations, in Portuguese, English and Spanish); 3) Introduction; 4) Material and Methods; 5) Results; 6) Discussion; 7) Acknowledgments (optional); 8) References.
Articles in some areas, such as Mathematics, should follow the usual format. In some cases, it may be advisable to omit part (4) and fuse parts (5) and (6). When applicable, the Materials and Methods section should indicate the Ethics Committee that evaluated the procedures for human studies or the standards followed for the maintenance and experimental treatments of animals.
1.1) Format of the Complete Articles:
Articles must have a minimum length of 6 pages, and a maximum of 30 pages.
A. Page setup: A4 paper size; upper, lower, right and left margins: 2.5 cm.
B. Font: Times New Roman, size 12.
C. Spacings: 1.5 between rows.
D. Paragraph: 1.25 cm to mark beginning of paragraphs.
1.2) Full Article Topics:
Title: up to 250 characters in centralized formatting.
Authors and institutions:
Authors: Centrally, write the full name of the authors (without abbreviations), with the respective indications of the institutions, which should be numbered sequentially. The electronic address (e-mail) must be indicated for each author.
In the online Submission include the ORCID identifier (https://orcid.org/) of all authors.
In the "URL" part include each author's CV link, for example: Researcher ID/Publons (https://www.researcherid.com/), Scopus Author ID (https://www.scopus.com/), Currículo Lattes (http://www.lattes.cnpq.br/), Ciência Vitae (https://www.cienciavitae.pt/), or other.
Institutions: Enter the full name of the institutions of each author, with the various numberings indicating the Postgraduate Program (for teachers and post-graduate students), if applicable.
Abstracts (in English, Portuguese and Spanish): Provide a summary between 250 and 300 words (100 words in case of short communications). Abstracts should contain a brief introduction, the purpose of the study, the main methodological approach, the most important findings and the conclusions of the study.
NOTE: Manuscripts in French must have Abstracts in the 4 languages, in the following sequence: French, English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Keywords: Between 3 to 6 items should be provided.
Introduction: should define the purpose of the study, provide a brief summary (not a review) of previous relevant work and indicate that further progress has been made in the research. It should not include data or conclusions from the work being reported.
Materials and Methods: Authors should provide clear and sufficient information to allow the study to be repeated by others. Standard techniques only need to be referenced.
Ethics: When reporting experiments on humans, indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with ethical standards of the committee responsible for human (institutional or regional) experimentation and with the Helsinki Declaration of 1975, revised in 1983. animals; guide the institution's or national research council, or any national law on the care and use of laboratory animals was followed.
Results: It should be a concise report of new information discovered, with the slightest personal judgment. Do not repeat in the text all the data in the tables and illustrations.
Discussion: It should be limited to the meaning of the new information and relate the new findings to the existing knowledge. Only unavoidable quotes should be included.
Note: Results and Discussion can be formatted in a single topic, as follows: "Results and Discussion". If necessary, the evaluators may suggest that this topic be written in two separate ones, following the traditional format adopted.
Acknowledgments (optional): This topic should be short and concise, and restricted to what is just needed.
Citations and References: It is recommended to follow the standard of the Brazilian Association of Technical Standards (ABNT). Only citations that appear in the text should be referenced. Unpublished articles, unless accepted for publication, should not be cited. Manuscripts accepted for publication should be referred to as "in press" and a letter of acceptance of the journal should be provided. Unpublished data should only be cited in the text as "unpublished observations" or "personal communication" (depending on case), and a letter of permission from the author.
- CITATIONS (ABNT NBR 10520: 2002): https://www.normasabnt.org/citacoes/.
* The last surname of the author(s) must be used, or the last surnames linked by a hyphen. Examples: Figueiredo (2017), Piñeiro-Corbeira (2016).
* The expression 'et al.' is used only when referring to more than three authors.
* When referring to the same author(s) in different years, add "a", "b"... Examples: Christoffersen (2005a, 2005b); Isaza, Lira and Costa (2016a, 2016b, 2016c).
NOTE: When the last surname is "Filho", "Neto" or "Júnior", the other surname preceding it must be added. Examples: Silva Neto et al. (2019), Duarte Filho (2015).
A) Direct Citations: Where exactly equal parts of a given author are taken - ipsis litteris:
* For sections with up to 3 (three) lines, double commas must be inserted at the beginning and end of the section, and the authorship must be in brackets, including last name, year and the page where the transcribed information was taken.
Example: Furtado et al. stated that "the intrinsic relationship existing between human health, animal health, and environmental health, should not be restricted" (FURTADO et al., 2020, p. 45).
* For sections longer than 3 (three) lines, separate with a space above and below the rest of the text, make a 4cm indentation of the left margin, use the double commas at the beginning and end of the sentence, reduce the font size to 11 (eleven), and the authorship should be in brackets, including last name, year and the page where the transcribed information was taken.
“Melhoria das condições ambientais e sanitárias dentro do município a diminuição no volume de lixo que necessita ser aterrado, o aumento da vida útil do aterro, a economia de energia, a economia de matéria-prima virgem. Os benefícios sociais, geração de empregos diretos e indiretos [...]” (GRIPPI, 2001, p. 78).
B) Indirect citations: When using section(s) from another manuscript as a basis for writing a sentence in his own words.
* When the citation occurs with the names of the author(s) outside the parenthesis, only the first letter of the author's name should be capitalized:
Example: Lamenzon y Patriota (2009) afirman que el agua puede reparar algunos de estos efectos haciendo una mejora con respecto a la adaptación [...].
* When the citation occurs with the names of the author(s) within the parenthesis, the author's name must be capitalized:
Example: [...] which culminates in a good development for national livestock (PEDREIRA; PEREIRA; PAIVA, 2013).
* When more than one manuscript is cited, put them in alphabetical order, separated by semicolons.
Example: Public policies must be constantly evaluated by society itself regarding their ethical relationships with the fauna (ARRUDA; FURTADO, 2017; POCAR, 2013; SILVA et al., 2019).
C) Citation of citation: When using section(s) from a particular author to whom the original manuscript was not available, citing by another author, the expression "apud" must be inserted.
Example: [...] dada a promoção da cultura da imagem corporal (HANCOCK et al., 2000 apud BROWN; RANDLE, 2005).
- REFERENCES (ABNT NBR 6023: 2018): https://www.normasabnt.org/nbr-6023/.
A) Scientific articles: Manuscripts published in scientific journals and should be organized as follows: SURNAME(S) AUTHOR(S), AUTHOR INITIAL(S) (if there is more than one author, they should be separated by semicolons). Article Title, Journal Title (in bold), Journal City, Volume, Number (Issue), Pagination, Year, Available in: Doi (preferably) or URL link (if no Doi). Optional element (Access on: day, month (first three letters.) and year)).
Examples: CRUZ, H.C.; TELES, J.A.A.; OLIVEIRA, M.O. Enquête sur les établissements alimentaires notifiée par la visa de Penedo de la période 2010 a 2013. Environmental Smoke, João Pessoa, v. 3, n. 1, p. 48-56, 2020. Available from; https://doi.org/10.32435/envsmoke.202031048-056.
- CRONEMBERGER, I.H.G.M.; TEIXEIRA, S.M. Famílias vulneráveis como expressão da questão social e à luz da política de assistência social. Interface - Revista do Centro de Ciências Sociais Aplicadas, Natal, v. 9, n. 2, p. 92-117, 2013. Available from: https://ojs.ccsa.ufrn.br/index.php/interface/article/view/357. Accessed on: 20 Dec. 2020.
B) Books: The books when cited in their entirety must be referenced as follows: AUTHOR(S)' SURNAME(S), AUTHOR(S)' INITIALS (if there is more than one author, they must be separated by semicolons). Book Title (in bold): subtitle (if any, not bold). Translation (if translated from another language version). Edition (if any). City of publication: Publisher, Year. Optional elements (Available at: link from the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year).
Examples: COROMINAS, J.; PASCUAL, J.A. Diccionario crítico etimológico castellano e hispánico. Madrid: Gredos, 1989.
- RICE, E.W.; BAIRD, R.B.; EATON, A.D. (ed.). Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater. 23 ed. Washington: American Public Health Association (APHA) / American Water Works Association (AWWA) / Water Environment Federation (WEF), 2017. Available from: https://www.wef.org/resources/publications/books/StandardMethods/. Accessed on: 15 jan. 2021.
- REDFEARN, R. Schemes of work for Primary languages: Scheme of work Years 3/4. Nottingham: La Jolie Ronde. 2006.
- BREALEY, R.A.; MYERS, S.C.; ALLEN, F. Princípios de Finanças Corporativas. Tradução de Ronald Saraiva de Menezes. 12. ed. Porto Alegre: AMGH Editora, 2018.
C) Book Chapters: When a section of a given book is referenced, it has the following format: AUTHOR(S)' SURNAME(S), AUTHOR(S)' INITIALS (if it is more than one author, they must be separated by a semicolon). Chapter title. In: LAST NAME(S) OF ORGANIZERS OR EDITORS, BEGINNINGS OF ORGANIZERS OR EDITORS (Org. or Ed.). Title of the Book (in bold): subtitle (if any, not bold). City of publication: Publisher, Year. volume (if any), Chapter (if any), Pagination. Optional elements (Available in: link from the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year).
Example: GILBERT, K.A.; SETZ, E.Z.F. Primates in a fragmented landscape: six species in central Amazonia. In: BIERREGAARD, R.O.; GASCON, C.; LOVEJOY, T.E.; MESQUITA, R. (Org.). Lessons from Amazonia: ecology and conservation of a fragmented forest. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2001. p. 262-270.
D) Conference Proceedings: Publications in Congress, Symposium, Conference, that may be printed and/or electronic. Format: AUTHOR(S)' SURNAME(S), AUTHOR(S)' INITIALS (if there is more than one author, they must be separated by semicolons). Abstract Title. In: NAME OF THE CONFERENCE, Event edition number, Year, City of the event. Name of the Conference Proceeding/Academic Journal (in bold). City of publication: Publisher/Publishing company, Year. Pagination. Optional elements (Available at: link of the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year.).
Examples: MARD-SOLTANI, M.; RASAEE, M.J.; KHALILI, S.; SHEIKHI, A.K.; HEDAYATI, M. ELISA Based hTSH Assessment Using Two Sensitive and Specific Anti-hTSH Polyclonal Antibodies. In: INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BIOTECHNOLOGY AND BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, 15., 2021, Rome. International Journal of Chemical and Molecular Engineering. Noida: World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 2018. p. 67-71. Available from: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1315871. Accessed on: 15 jan. 2021.
- SANTOS, M.L.F.; SOUSA, L.H.G.; SILVA NETO, C.F. Análise do uso e ocupação do solo da Área de Proteção Ambiental Tambaba – litoral sul da Paraíba. In: SIMPÓSIO BRASILEIRO DE SENSORIAMENTO REMOTO, 15., 2011, Curitiba. Anais [...]. Curitiba: SBSR, 2011. p. 4526-4532.
E) Ph.D./Master's/Bachelor's/Licentiate's Theses, Dissertations, Monographs: They present the following format: AUTHOR(S)' SURNAME(S), AUTHOR(S)' INITIALS (if there is more than one author, they must be separated by semicolons). Thesis Title (in bold): subtitle (if any, not bold). Year of deposit: Number of pages. Thesis (Doctorate/Master's Degree/Graduate in Name of Course) –(en dash) Department/Center, University, City, Year of Defense. Optional elements (Available at: link from the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year).
Examples: LIMA, S.C.S. Propagação vegetativa do Protium spp: Protium heptaphyllum, Protium spruceanum e Protium guacayanum. 2012. 89 f. Dissertação (Mestrado em Biotecnologia e Recursos Naturais) – Universidade do Estado do Amazonas, Manaus, 2012.
- HERNÁNDEZ-KANTÚN, J.J. Taxonomy, molecular biodiversity and ecology of coralline algae (Corallinales: Rhodophyta), with special emphasis on maerl-forming species. 2013. 182 pp. PhD Thesis (Doctor of Philosophy) – National University of Ireland, Galway, 2013. Available from: https://aran.library.nuigalway.ie/handle/10379/4462. Accessed on: 15 jan. 2021.
F) Legislation (Laws, Decrees, Norms): Presents the following format: GOVERNMENTAL LEGISLATIVE ENTITY. Law (with number and date of publication). Epigraph and menu transcribed. Book or Official Gazette/Journal (in bold): City, Volume or equivalent (if any), Number or Edition (if any), Pagination (if any), Effective date of the Law. Optional elements (Available in: link of the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year).
Examples: LEGIFRANCE. Loi n°2002-2 du 2 janvier 2002. Rénovant l'action sociale et médico-sociale. Journal Officiel: Paris, 3 jan. 2002. Disponible en: https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/loi/2002/1/2/MESX0000158L/jo/texte. Accès en: 14 jan. 2021.
- SENADO FEDERAL DA REPÚBLICA FEDERATIVA DO BRASIL. Projeto de Lei do Senado n° 221, de 2015. Altera a Lei nº 9.795, de 27 de abril de 1999, que "dispõe sobre a educação ambiental, institui a Política Nacional de Educação Ambiental e dá outras providências", para incluir como objetivo fundamental da educação ambiental o estímulo a ações que promovam o uso sustentável dos recursos naturais e a educação ambiental como disciplina específica no ensino fundamental e médio, e a Lei nº 9.394, de 20 de dezembro de 1996, que fixa as diretrizes e bases da educação, para tornar a educação ambiental disciplina obrigatória. Senado Federal: Brasília, 15 abr. 2015. Available from: https://www25.senado.leg.br/web/atividade/materias/-/materia/120737. Accessed on: 9 jan. 2021.
G) Websites: AUTHOR(S) or INSTITUTION (acronym and full name). Title of the publication (in bold): subtitle (if any, not bold). Year. Available in: link of the site. Access in: day, month (first three letters.) and year.
Examples: RIFVEH (Réseau Internet Francophone Vulnérabilités et Handicaps). Risques de la contention. 2005. Disponible en: http://www.rifvel.org/RIFVEH/. Accès en: 11 jan. 2019.
- CFSPH (The Center for Food Security & Public Health). Brucellosis: Brucella canis Contagious Abortion, Undulant Fever. Institute for International Cooperation in Animal Biologics, 2018. Available on: http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Factsheets/pdfs/brucellosis_canis.pdf. Accessed on: 10 Oct. 2018.
Attachments: This topic includes the following items, which must be submitted in separate files:
Table(s): Tables must be submitted in .doc or .docx files. They must contain the indication in the body of the text.
Figure(s): Photographs, drawings, graphics, among others, are considered figures and should be sent in separate files. They must contain the indication in the body of the text. Figures should come in tiff, bmp or jpg format (minimum 300 dpi).
Supplementary Material(s): Complementary files, which can be: raw data from the search, figures and tables that cannot come in the formats specified above, video and audio files, among others.
NOTE: Appendices Captions must come at the end of the manuscript, on a separate page after the References.
2) Short Communications (Link to Template in Word):
The short communications are intended to report research that has advanced to the stage where it is felt that the results should be disseminated in a brief and concise manner. Short communication should have between 3 and 5 pages, containing 1) Abstract (up to 100 words), 2) Introduction, 3) Material and Methods, 4) Results and Discussion, and 5) References. Tables and figures may be included, but the length of the text should be proportionally reduced. Manuscripts submitted as articles, but found to conform to these specifications, will be published as short communications from the author's agreement.
NOTE: Manuscripts in French must have Abstracts in the 4 languages, in the following sequence: French, English, Portuguese and Spanish.
After the first screening, the articles will be evaluated by at least two reviewers, being of educational institutions and / or national and international, with proven scientific production. After due corrections and possible suggestions, the article can be accepted or rejected, considering the received revisions.
3) Abstracts (Link to Template in Word):
Manuscripts can be sent in summary format, which is restricted to a single page. It should contain a brief introduction, the purpose of the study, the main methodological approach, the most important findings and the conclusions of the study.
Any questions regarding standards, submission, or translation services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEES FOR AUTHORS
'Environmental Smoke' Journal does not charge fees for submission and publication of the manuscripts.
Artigos CompletosPolítica padrão de seção
This section is for the submission of digital books, which will be published in format 'E-book'.
X Iberian Symposium on the Minho River Basin
This section aims to receive papers related to the "X Iberian Symposium on the Minho River Basin". Full Articles, Short Communications and Abstracts are accepted. Please check the Guidelines for Authors. Good event to all !
The copyright for manuscripts published in Environmental Smoke belongs to this journal. The published articles are of total and exclusive responsibility of the authors.
Les noms et courriels saisis dans le site de cette revue seront utilisés exclusivement aux fins indiquées par cette revue et ne serviront à aucune autre fin, ni à toute autre partie.